The following procedures outlines detail instruction on how to adjust the 1993 Honda Accord Timing Balancer Belt Tension.
Precautions: Always adjust timing belt tension with the engine cold; Tensioner is spring-loaded to apply proper tension to the belt automatically after making the following adjustment; Inspect the timing balancer belt before belt tension adjusting; Do not loosen the adjusting nut more than one full turn.
- Disconnect the alternator terminal and the connector, then remove the engine wire harness from the valve cover.
- Remove the valve cover.
- Set the No.1 piston at TDC.
- Loosen the adjusting nut 2/3-1 turn, then tighten the adjusting nut.
- Rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise 3-teeth on the camshaft pulley, then reloosen the adjusting nut to create on the timing belt.
- Tighten the adjusting nut.
- If the pulley bolt loosens while turning the crank, retorque it to 220 N.m (22.0 kg-m, 159 lb-ft).
- 1993 honda accord timing belt diagram,honda accord timing,1993 accord timming belt adjustment,how to adjust the alternator drive belt on honda accord 1993,how to adjust timing belt tensioner 90 accord,